Just to prove the RSPB squirrel-proof feeders are no such thing……
He’s launching himself off the tree trunk, across a 3 foot gap to hit the suspended feeder and shake out the loose sunflower hearts that sit in the tray at the bottom.
Our aged potting shed bites the dust.
A recipe we tried for the first time today, and thought it worth sharing. So easy, and really tasty.
Mexican Beef Bake
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500g pack beef mince
- 1-2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 410g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 100g (3½oz) tortilla chips (we used a lightly salted flavour)
- 50g (2oz) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Sour cream, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion until softened, about 10min. Turn up the heat and stir in the beef and cook until all the meat is well browned, about 10min.
- Add the chillies, tomatoes, kidney beans and plenty of seasoning and cook for 5min. Stir in the coriander and check the seasoning. Empty mixture into a heatproof serving dish.
- Preheat grill to medium. Top the beef mixture with the tortilla chips and cheese. Grill until piping hot and cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately with some sour cream and a crisp green salad.
A piece of classic Dennis Skinner MP
Taken from our front bedroom window, 6.00am.
Pinterest is a tool for collecting and organising the things that inspire you.
Check out our boards
Agree or disagree?